Saturday, March 2, 2013

Playarts: Yuffie Kisagari, Advent Children


Known to many but I'll enunciate it anyways... Playarts are something I have in abundance of. No, I don't speak of Playarts Kai, I am pointing out the older version of the playarts which consisted of (from my knowledge) Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. These playarts were one of the first few I collected for the sake of collecting, and that notion entails of me just buying characters JUST to complete the collection series. I would purchase characters I am not entirely impressed by or even hate just because they converge within the confines of that certain Final Fantasy! I'll make my point more eloquent with this:


Now don't get me wrong, I like Ashe from FFXII, but Selphie and Vaan??? I think that makes my point. Who does like these two?!


So back to the main point of this entry, the playarts version of Yuffie Kisagari(AC) is a pretty good and decent figure. Accurate to the AC rendition of Yuffie and just like the plethora of playarts at that time(even now with the Kai) it comes with the articulation that allows it more than enough 'modeling' pictures. And of course unlike the Rinoa figure, Yuffie comes with her traditional(and rather distinct and weird) aberration of a shuriken.  Knees, elbows, torso, head, and ankles have enough motion that there are a lot of things that can be done with this Yuffie. The two other alternate hands of course helps along with the usual norm stands that past playarts use to come with. Not entirely sure if the current playarts comes supplied with the stands(the non Final Fantasy figures don't), but the possible joy they could bring is perhaps something to be enamored by.


While the stand itself could have a bit more fashion in regards to transperancy, it does serve a purpose in adding for a myriad of action scenes as well as just holding the figure up so they won't fall. Again does the justice for some of these poses! I could've probably done more, but I didn't spend a whole hell of a lot of time on Yuffie. And another cool thing about her is that she was pretty compliant in posing with or without the stand. If not, there were other things that were possible to do to make her a bit more compliant in regards to posing.

Lots of things this particular posing can elicit.
And speaking of compliance, I had a brief thought of using her to be a one of those 'fun' part of my collection that insinuates a certain 'preference' I indulge myself in. Care to scrutinize this?


Yes, I DID. Though the 'better' side of me decided that posing her without such binds will probably show case her articulation and aesthetics far more than ... well I guess that is all up for debate, but yeah, suffice to say, after some time of trying it out with different 'ropes' and such, she ended up on joining the fray of damsels. Shame. I know.

The box was standard. Unfortunately I don't have that to show. A lot of my playarts stayed in their respected box for the longest duration since I was that kind of collector for a long while and honestly, it was good, but again, this particular toy is better off out off her box to show off her, assets. It was window on the front and the side and it did justice on its own right, but again, I'm far more enticed with being able to pose her now. It's part of the reason I even noticed just how much she is fun to 'pose about'. Like a lot of my plyarts, anyways. In a rather abrupt conclusion, this playarts is indeed good for what its worth, glad I did get her opened up to be able to show off some displays.

Who knows though. Maybe that D.I.D. may come up sometime later and  I might find the patience to get her in peril!




No comments:

Post a Comment