Thursday, February 14, 2013

Playarts Kai: Batman Arkham Asylum


This game proved to be one of the most in depth and most engaging comic book game on the market at its time. It paved the way for Arkham City and not to mention, it gave a whole lot of comic book geeks (Batman fanatics to say the least) something to rejoice about! Well, with a game that had its success, of course there will be merchandise to follow to capitalize. Suffice to say, Square Enix's Playarts pervading reach also touched base with DC Comic's own Batman in the from of the Kai version. Right off the get go, from the box and through the window you can see the said figure, one can discern that the toy itself is exuberant with the ominous feel of Batman, intricate detailing carved on his stature, and of course a figure that is not to be taken lightly! As much as I am enamored with all of my toys, I have to say that Kai's have that ambiance they put into their toys that just about EVERY collector can appreciate!


This figure is as good as the rest of Playart's creation. Again I am highly elated that they have branched out pass Final Fantasy since well, Mass Effect, Street Fighter, and Batman are now getting the attention. The said attention given are of course pretty obvious since the details in this figure through his aesthetics are jaw dropping. His cape, his armor, even his rather sullen look as the Dark Knight is prominent. And this particular Batman is called the 'armored edition', and I'm glad they chose this route.


Of course the interchangeable hands apply to this figure. It allows for a bit more versatility with the posing aspect; can create a whole hell of a lot of action scenes and can capsulize a whole hell of a lot of emotions. Joints can articulate rather well, torso can move to a decent amount, of course the neck allows the head to look in different directions. Though one thing that is 'special' to Batman is his cape articulation. And as the pictures have already shown, one can really add the intense 'I Am Batman' innuendo with the available movement of his cape!


Of course with Batman comes his gadgets. Though I must say I am a bit disappointed with the lack of selection that playarts give the consumer. Though it's a very miniscule thing to complain about, if I was to complain it would be in this notion. Literally, Batman is given a batarang and his grappling hook. Alright it is two of his most used and abused gadget, I'll give it that much, however, there could be more to be used. And if anything else, a couple more batarangs, smaller ones even could help add a bit more 'Batman-y'. Again very little qualms, but enough right? But just these two allow a bit more posing action to say the least.


This figure, like all of my Mass Effect toys are very enamoring! If this is to be my only DC playarts, I would be more than enthused to say that I have a very prestige figure on my hand! I have very little to no complains about this figure. It captivates the majority of Batman as it can! Though standing him next to a couple of my Marvel Hasbros just won't do since he is a towering hulk figure. Hell, he towers a couple of my Hulk Figure as it is so the idea of me putting him a lonesome DC entity in a Marvel shelf will not suffice because of that. So what shelf is he going to have?



Well, that concludes that playarts edition! As to what shelf he will occupy, suffice to say, that's in the works. Well, actually it's already pretty much done, just perpetuating the sense of suspense, I guess! Well, that is my valentine's gift from a special someone! Gotta love it!

What the hell?! It's the Nolanverse playarts Kai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment