Friday, October 19, 2012

The Iron Man Legends


I did a blog on the Iron Man extremis a while back ((The Return of Marvel Legends)) and with the months that followed, Hasbro has indeed revived a once 'dead' line of series. With Toybiz's means of stepping down, Hasbro had a rocky road (in my opinion) way back when with their first few series (anyone remember White Queen and 'Phoenix' from X3?). The toys back then not only lacked good details, but their choices of characters and the people they decided to be the 'build up' characters.

Alright so the last two that did include a piece by piece character weren't exactly prominent characters like Onlsaught, Apocalypse, Sentinel, and MODOK, but their toys did come a long way!


The Extremis Iron Man version I remains to be one of my favorite armor that Tony donned. It's simplicity is the genius part of it, sleek, a very 'Iron Man' like feel, and not to mention he wore it while he was the leader of SHIELD and during Civil War. He also wore it during his infamous times as being the controversy character, the 'bad guy' in a good guy's armor. Nevertheless, the design was enamoring, and not to mention it was the first time he was less fallible to not being able to fight without his 'brief case' about. Basically, his armor was mentally connected to him. His ascension in a 'true super hero' genre casted him farther away from just being a man in a metal suit.

The next line up (and odd enough, this next series does not come with a piece by piece character; but it has Deadpool, Blade, Doctor Doom, and Mystique!) of Iron Man is one of his classic armor. The one he wore during the late 80's and early 90's. I don't know much about this armor except for the fact that it is insipid at its finest. Not my favorite aesthetic looking armor, but I appreciate it for the nostalgia. It was the armor he was drawn in during the trading cards era (that's a blogging idea!). It is said it is powered by the sun... don't know how good of an idea that is. But as for the toy, its exuberance in the red and gold and the detail is rather fun and note worthy to be added to my collection. This particular toy alone makes me want to open the Extremis along with this one... however, I'm not sure I will. As I had mentioned, however, it doesn't have a piece of another character that 'subliminally' tells you to buy the others so you get that one character... it comes with a stand. Hhhmmm..?

Well, I'm curious as to what comes next. Perhaps another Hulkbuster? Silver Centurion? Extremis 2.0? House of M? Modular?

And I haven't even touched the case of my other Marvel favorites like another Spider-Woman? X-23? Psylocke? Archangel?

It would be behoove of Marvel to touch base with some of these said charters because I'm not the only one who would love to have them in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment