Thursday, October 13, 2016

Emotions

I visited some old friends today that passed on. Both young and before their time. Both same amounts of years ago.

It's amazing how time stood still for them... they're forever young while we.. while I just sit here and follow as time takes on a wild ride that we call life.

I didn't really know them that much. I wasn't close to them at all but I did know them.  They were figures in some chapters of my story back then. I guess I wanted to ask how does it look on the other side...

In that moment, I witnessed an older gentleman sitting down next to someone special in his life who also passed on to the other side. He sat by the memorial, and some moments, he laughed as he spoke of memories... he was somber... but he was happy. But he there was also a hint of loneliness in his eyes as he walked away.

It was something.

Weird day, suffice to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment