Sunday, December 22, 2013

"what's in the name?"

Victorious is what it was coined for… it's a standing notion(or was) that we are all to walk through any trials or tribulations with much zest and kinship. 

But at the end of the day, what victory did we claim? Nothing really. And while everyone had their own incentive and own means to claim their own, no one is victorious. In fact, in the fiction that I wrote, everyone lost. There is no 'reward' to pillage or plunder; there is no victory, only bones and apparitions of what was. 

In the end, there was only a lonely ghost to remember the place of residence. And I suppose as long as that ghost stands, the majority can claim their meager victory, am I right? 

No. There is no 'victory' in the name. There are only things that we have lost. Right now there is only ONE true victorious vixen, and 'she' isn't even part of the full story.

So here's to the coming of a 'new chapter'…. to quote an infamous line: "no sacrifice, no victory". Honestly, very little to none has been sacrificed… so this new chapter can truly be the final turn of the page. 

But who am I to allow karma to decimate those who are wrong when they meant something once? Perhaps I'll gain my victory and what that fanfare is might be derived of something I never truly acknowledge as a piece of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment