Thursday, December 26, 2013

.:Masterless and Rage:.


"It's always going to be there you know. In fact I feel it now." I tilt my head towards her as she stares blankly at the fire. With beer in hand, I take a good gulp of it. "I still remember."

"Not likely something you'll forget." My eyes never leaving her. It never does. "Kind of hard to forget when you think about it so vehemently."

I see a pause in her gesture of drinking her beer. I can see it in her eyes; those same eyes that fears, that hates, that hurts, that Rages. To blame her for it is to claim that she isn't right to feel the pain.

"Am I right to feel the way I do? About me being the ONE that is wrong this time?"

"Do you truly feel that looking into the fire, delving into the past, and pouring salt in the wound is the proper remedy for all of this tragedy?"

She takes a good sip of her beer as well before looking stoically at her bottle before letting her dull grey eyes glisten towards me with determination. I can see it; HOPE. Struggling within the confines of all the pain and the clockwork poison that she constantly has to fight.

"Are you sure I'm for this? Are you truly sure I am malleable for this world?"

"Honestly?" I say with a smirk. "I don't think you truly are. Before you sprout out all the anger you can muster, what I truly want to say is that… you have to make something of it. You have to make yourself versatile and remember that something inside of you wants to make things right."

"But… it hurts."

"Yeah. I know. But you know what else is more painful?"

"What?"

"To have wasted all that time for nothing," I finish my bottle. "Pain lets everyone function differently and deal with ordeals in their own variation of coping. You don't want to be the one who turns their back on the world because you have been shown to do that far more often than not."

I grab another bottle of beer and twist it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment