Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Playarts: Rikku FFX-2


The Playarts series. Aside from Marvel Legends (both toy biz and Hasbro), Playarts in my collection comes in an exuberant amount of numbers. They are one of the first series I collected for the sake of collecting and I did not discriminate if a certain FF playarts character isn't my favorite. As long as it helped to complete the series, I bought them. Suffice to say that that sort of impulsive collecting doesn't exactly bode well with the finances and eventually I had to be more thrift when it comes down to collecting.

But my methods of collecting didn't only once fall into the 'for the sake' of. I also had the habit of getting something more than once because I was enamored too much by it. The Rikku playarts is a good example of that old habit. And let me tell you something, anyone who goes on eBay and check this bad girl out will find out that her price isn't exactly on the lower social stratification of the normal playarts price range! Now don't get me wrong, I have never regretted purchasing her, however, I would never lean into doing such act in this day and age!


The one thing I would really like to say that is a bit 'disappointing' about this toy in her said price is the fact that her articulation lacks. Her posing capabilities aren't as impressive as it should be so therefore every single picture I am going to post of her will fail to really show a different angle of her. It's mostly in her legs and I can almost pinpoint as to why. The posture they limit Rikku may be in adherence with the fact that her choice of clothing DOES NOT exactly permit some of the best comfort when doing some of the 'norm' endeavors when in a combat scenario... and I would like to give out some pat in the back for the toy's accuracy in that matter. Details in the playarts are usually it's most finest component and Rikku over here did not get robbed of that perk. The details put to capture Rikku's appearance in FFX-2 is a far too potent in this classic playarts. Her costume (while lacking a lot of needed apparel; and of course not that I REALLY mind) is immaculate in detail and no real piece is even left behind (including the said yellow lingerie that can be seen by the skirt that adorns her hips).

The material of her mini skirt and scarf differs from the rest of the outfit as well, which makes them stand out and be a bit more versatile when trying to pose her in the limited movement that she is given. Rikku's hair as well has a very distinguishable material. Most toys I have come across lack a real genuine work on the hair, and for the most part, it doesn't matter all that much, but that fine detail put into Rikku makes all the difference. I'm going to put my two cents in this but Rikku's is a bit more on the 'attract as many' fan service side as I have mentioned before in my post about her (Femme Fatale: Rikku), she is eye candy. And Again, I'll mention the fact that she does have those prominent moments that keep her away from that said notion, Rikku for the most part is just that. It's only fitting that her toy is put into that same notion. To elaborate on how much I do appreciate that, Rikku's details in figure is the perfect body is immaculate and then we can move on to her facial details which of course captures her very innocent but still promiscuous within that gentleness.


Now one thing I am able to not really show are her interchangeable hands. The ones on the pictures are the dagger wielding hands and she does have 'open palms' options. However the box of the loose figure on the pictures are not accessible anymore. But one can discern that it adds a bit more posture options when the hands are available. Not by much, but far more than what I can really convey right now. And speaking of conveying, part of the playarts more noticeable signature in their toys are their window based box. This fine detail allows collectors to leave their toys inside the box (if they are that kind of collector) and still get a good glimpse of their toy. Of course it shuns away from the idea of being able to pose the character, but I guess that's why you get two, right?  Anyways, I have always liked this about playarts and will always have that option if ever again I am to purchase one of their toys (Shepard, Garrus, and possibly Tali playarts soon!).

So all in all, this toy has been one of my favorite for a long time; and in some aspect still is. But in my honest opinion, for the price and for what it 'can' do, I have many others in my toy far more worthy of its the price; some are barely over the half mar price of the Rikku playarts. Again, prices may have descended with this particular toy for various reasons, but I do remember purchasing her for a very high price. Again, no regrets, but I am a different collector nowadays. But I can say that having this toy does somewhat add a complete factor to the plethora of favorite characters in my big entertainment world.

"I'm gonna whack you good!" -Rikku

No comments:

Post a Comment