Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The New Webs

Spider-Man was my favorite Super-Hero. Hell, 8 out of 10 Marvel fans are Spider-Man fans (at least back in the day that was the case, maybe not now). When news of his movie was in production, of course I was more than excited at the idea. So after long long months of waiting, Spider-Man came out starring Toby Maguire as Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst as Maryjane. We all remember that right?


Well the first one was good. Hell the whole world thought so. It did real well (I don't know the exact numbers nor care to look it up) to be one of the top movies and it was one of the movies to set the pace for Comic Book Movies. Then Spider-Man 2 came out. 


To this day the second Spider-Man remains to be one of my favorite movies of all time (I might blog about it later why, but in this topic, I have a different goal, so I'll let it be vague). Then the ridiculous, horribly presented, bad actor for Venom sequel, Spider-Man 3, which I will not bother posting a picture up since I'm sure we remember how it was. So needless to say, we have 3 Spider-Man movies, but no 4 seems to be in production. WHAT?! Well, true believers, fear not. There is something along the way as most if not all of you know about. A Reboot!

"The Amazing Spider-Man"


Titled "The Amazing Spider-Man" with new casts of actor and diving back into Peter's highschool days as Spider-Man, to me it sounds promising. The threads reminds me of Ben Reilly's Spider-Man fitter when he was once thought to be the one true Spider-Man (And also May Parker's threads as Spider-Girl). Not that Tobey was bad, but this new guy, Andrew Garfield seems to have had a passion for Spider-Man since he was young. Apparently he has been wanting the role for some years now and to me that shows promise. While A Lot of non-Comic book Fan Actors have done well in their roles as a specific Comic Book Character, the best promise comes from those who have known the characters inside and out. Well I don't have that much info on it, but I will be looking forward to this picture. Hell, it's a midnight release for me and I'm hoping it will be as good if not better than Spider-Man 2. 
New Threads. New Actor. And a new Passion. Could this be a redemption for Spider-Man 3?!



No comments:

Post a Comment