Thursday, April 21, 2016

POP: Alduin(6 inches)


Alduin merchandise are hard to come by these days; well, hard to come by that won't cost me my whole entire lower half! So with that said, here is my very first Alduin merchandise in the form of a POP! Not just any POP either, it's a 6 inch POP! I know right? What does one mean by that? Basically....


So I'm going to do a figure comparison in a few here, but this is what the box of Fallout Power Armor looks like compared to Alduin's. All POP that aren't 6 inches have the same basic box. Speaking of box, let's just take a look at that.




In terms of the box for POP, they have always been consistent with their designs. I have only seen three different variations of shapes and sizes, this 6 inch Alduin being the third. Of course the box is showing the Three other Skyrim related figures. I do not have the Dovahkiin; I'm not exactly a huge fan of the default Dovahkiin, truth to be told. With that said, I do wish they came out with the Ebony Warrior, or maybe even the Daedric Princes; it would be cool to have Nocturnal, Boethiah, Azura, and Clavicus.

 

For a POP, this one has a lot of details that I am really impressed with. Of course you won't get the same ferocious looking Dragon like we did in the game; it is after all a chibi version of the World Eater. Regardless, the rivets, the scales, the paint mix of the black and charcoal grey really makes him recognizable as Alduin.

 

The prominent red eyes also just hits the spot! Those horns! Those folded wings and that craned neck posture! Now he won't scare me if he really does come down from the sky, nor will he prevent an executioner from cutting my head off with that look (being cute and chibi), but I am more than willing to imagine that this little Alduin still has a Thu'um like no other. He just... can't cross an experienced Dovahkiin, that's all.


A baby Alduin is something you do not see everyday!


Here is Alduin next to the Daedra Warrior from POP. And no, these guys won't tower over the regular POPs; they'll just be significantly different in size. I think color-wise, these two are really right at home with each other. And I definitely love having both of them in my collection.


So this is where Alduin resides! No he does not obstruct my view for the TV.


As my first 6 inch POP, this one really is neat addition to my collection. He holds the same charm as all the POPs I own and he is a pretty good character to have being a Skyrim fan myself. This one really makes me curious about the other 6 inches they have!

No comments:

Post a Comment