Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Funko: Skyrim Dremora Warrior


It's time for a figure review! A Skyrim figure in the form of a Dremora warrior! Or maybe just a person in Daedric Armor, who knows. I choose to say Dremora! Summoned from Oblivion, this warrior is here to grace my collection! And how may I ask does he fare?
Toy ark pictures
So I'm using another's picture of the box due to a mishap when I took the unopened pictures. I didn't bother to look at the result until after I opened it and that's not something one can take away. Well boxes usually don't offer much and while this one is cool, it's not something anyone is missing out in my review. So let's get right to the figure.


One of the things I will keep saying about this figure throughout this review is that it has spectacular details! Details! Right when you look at the figure, one can immediately recognize that it's from the Skyrim game! It's a nicely decorated figure, full of the ominous designs (spikes, red coloring, etc), and that helmet! One of my favorite thing about the Daedric armor is the helmet and this one nailed it! Though I did get a minor distortion due to packaging; the 'pointy beak' on its nose seems to want to go to the left; I'm sure leaving it on the other side for a while will fix it eventually. Mold wise, its a lanky warrior, but then again, the Dremoras are not Orsimer built. It's not a full on 6inch figure either so it won't go in scale with Marvel Legends. Shame, but you know.


Right off the get go I will say that in regards to accessories, I am slightly disappointed. He only comes with the one handed axe; no shield, no other blades, not even a spell effect (like Destruction fire affect, or some kind of conjuration affect). He doesn't come with a detachable head either for an alternate face(you can see in the picture above just how distorted the 'nose' was). 



When we start going through the articulation this figure really fails. And no, it's not because of the design of the armor, which that too adds some hinderance to the range of movement, but this guy isn't meant to be posed heavily it seems like. It fees like I'm handing a 90's action figure with the basic joints, hip, and head movement deal. It's really hard to get him to pose for some dynamic shots, not to mention, he can only hold his axe on the right hand. As a figure, he fails the most in his articulation department. 

Daedra Dunmer
The only other figure I have that is the Dark Elf Daedra from 2013. It's really hard to compare these two since they are a totally different league--but I will say I would have appreciated the weapons on the Dark Elf on the Funko Scale. 


Preemptive attack?! So yeah, this one stays with his little comrade and is on my 'Entertainment Center'.  I'm not sure how much he will be intruding in my screen space, but we will see. 


The lack of accessories and the fact that he only really does look 'natural' when standing there with his axe, I think this figure does lack a few things to really make me say it's a 'great' figure. Though the details, and the fact that it really is a true Skyrim paraphernalia, I'd say he was worth the price. He wasn't 'cheap' per say, but he wasn't extravagant in price. He offers more than some of the generic Marvel Legends, and he is about the same price. Details is where this figure is and if one can just look at it as a cheaper and slightly articulated statue, then one can really appreciate it. I do hope they expand in the choices like do a Nightingale or the Ebony Knight, or perhaps make these figures swappable so I can actually have an "Onyx" figure?! Anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment