Monday, July 17, 2017

Masterless and Rage: Brand New Day(s)


So, here we are.

Indeed. But the question one must ask one's self is... where are we?

We are in a limbo. We are where we were going to end up after everything that has happened.

We are accepting it?

We are doing what we can to make do with the out come. It's not like we have a whole lot of choice, do we?

You seem a bit content for someone who felt the wreckage.

Who me? You've got that all wrong, you know. I'm far from content.

But you attained a sense of peace, I see. 

I must put my mask on pretty good that even you are fooled. I'm a distant world away from peace. I'm  not even sure that word is part of my vocabulary.

Well, you are faring better than you were before. 

So are you, you know.

What do you mean?

You still miss her?

Everyday.

You still want those times back?

Everyday. 

But what changed? Why aren't you scratching at walls, wrecking the pages, and screaming questions as to why it isn't how it should be?

.... I suppose the easiest way to answer that is... that I seem to have gained some understanding that perhaps it's supposed to be there when it is... rather than something that should be forced. 

Aren't you afraid of fallacies and curtains over what is back there?

If I spent the time lulling myself in fear, I would regress. And then I would succumb to all the malice my rage can omit. 

Then there you go. That is pretty much where my answer is. That's where I'm at, you know. Recovering, assessing, and just letting things go by as they come. Trying to deal with the bigger things that have an immediate consequence if not dealt with properly.

You still miss her? Yearn for what was? 

In a lot of ways, yes. It's not something that can just be forgotten. But in some ways, I have a sense of 'completion'. 

So... you believe the stories are over? 

I think for now, the stories are going to have to tell themselves. In this lifetime, it's not up to us to write them. 

So we just become bystanders? 

No. For now, I think we just have to live and see where this is going. I'm sure things have a reason.

We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our paths for a reason. 

Read. Love. And Learn. 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment