Monday, January 16, 2017

Rock Candy: Spider-Gwen(Masked)


Time for another Spider-Gwen addition to my growing Spider-Gwen collection. I'm extremely disappointed that we don't get a Spider-Woman Jessica Drew version before Gwen, but you know, I guess that's the way things are rolling. So let's just get on with the review.


I'm not familiar with this brand. I have seen them a couple of times before but never really thought I'd buy, but here I am with a Spider-Gwen product. The back of the box promotes the other figures; again, should have a Spider-Woman in there!


Just a side tidbit info, they also do DC gals. I was looking at the Wonder Woman DCEU and Batgirl at one point. Those figures I decided not to get. I might if I like the Wonder Woman movie that much.




I'm going to simply this part because there isn't much to go over in terms of details. It looks like Gwen Stacy in her spider-Woman form. Of course don't expect accuracy in the anatomy since it's meant to look 'cute' and 'sexy' at the same time. Colors are pretty accurate and the posture is very Gwen with her on the verge of taking her hood off.


Spider-Gwen is so damn popular with her 'taking off her mask/hood'. It's standard for her these days to have her mask off with a fan art or even in an official few panels in the comic books. Don't care much for your secret identity, Gwen?


You get a transparent base and I'm not bothered by it. The figurine itself is nice but one I will say is that I am kind of appalled that she is getting these products and Jessica Drew isn't. As a figure who is the original Spider-Woman, a character who has had her ups and downs but definitely in a good swing now, I think she should be getting more praise. Instead, we get Gwen and Cindy getting more love and again, I don't mind Spider-Gwen. I think she's kind of cool (I can't stand Silk), but come on. Would have loved to see Ms. Drew in this form, new costume or classic.


Here she is next to Bishoujo Gwen and POP Gwen. Funny how these are all anatomically all different.


I bought this figure because I like it. I bought it because I like the character. It's not going to be a highlight for 2017 in any way, but it sure is a pretty cool addition to my growing Spider-Gwen merchandise. I recommend it for anyone into Spider-Gwen for sure.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment